blog, mixed professional and private.
- tec.rarey.net, our new company
- Material website of the textbook “Chemical Thermodynamics for Process Simulation”
- Uni Oldenburg
- DDBST GmbH (co-founder, co-owner and managing director1989-2018)
In their first years, I watched most videos at TED.com and could fully recommend the site.
They changed a lot and I find it no more interesting but can still recommend the older talks. Here are some interesting highlights:
Scientific theory and ethics
I also recommend:
- Chemical Engineering Screencasts
LearnChemE – Youtube Channel
- Anything you feel you missed in school and much more: Khan Academy
- The Little Prince – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Everything that really matters and that we tend to forget in our daily lives – read every one or two years!
Surely you’re joking, Mr. Feynman – Richard Feynman
A must read ….
Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress – Steven Pinker (must read)
Summa Technologiae – Stanislaw Lem
Beginning of Infinity – David Deutsch
The Tell-Tale Brain: A Neuroscientist’s Quest for What Makes Us Human – V.S. Ramachandran
- Snow Crash – Neil Stephenson
- Golem IV – Stanislaw Lem
- The Diary of a Drug Find – Aleister Crowley
- Moonchild – Aleister Crowley
- Sexus – Henry Miller
- American Beauty
- Human Traffic